Please note: You only need to register / login if you wish to make representations.
Draft Local Plan - Supplementary Consultation
The following information on our portal is designed to be a
summary of our main consultation document. We've designed it in
order to provide direct access for you to be able to answer the
questions within our document.
The full consultation document is available to view, save or
print from our website at
Consultation on a supplementary update to the Draft Local Plan
commenced at the end of January 2019 and will be open for the
submission of comments until 15th March 2019.
This consultation is seeking to:
- Provide an update on local housing need now that national
planning policy has changed through the introduction of a
- Assess the 70+ additional call-for-sites submissions that
have been submitted since the DLP was published.
- Refine the site selection process for assessing which sites
should be included in the plan and reassess all sites (c320)
to ensure that the preferred sites are the most appropriate
when considered against the spatial strategy, and existing/new
or updated evidence.
- Publishing concept masterplans for the principal
- Exploring a different approach to calculating how
affordable housing provision should be calculated on an
- Setting out the role of the main settlements in the future
and seeking views on the existing pressures and future
requirements for infrastructure provision.
This consultation is not seeking to:
- Revise the contribution that the Council is making towards
the HMA shortfall. This will be considered through the draft
submission version of the plan .
- Amend the overall spatial strategy set out in the DLP.
- Revisit the non-housing related parts of the DLP.
The following documents have been published as part of the
consultation, all of which can be found at
- Draft Local Plan Supplementary Consultation Document
- Solihull Local Plan Review – Draft Concept Masterplans
- Draft Local Plan Supplementary Consultation: Amber Sites
- Draft Local Plan Supplementary Consultation: Site